2016-2017 Annual Fund Initiatives
Large 42 Passenger Activity Bus
Help us by funding a seat on the bus. Seats are $2,380 each. Fund a Seat
Make a donation of any amount Annual Fund Donation
- Furniture for Primary Building
- Acoustical Improvements in Auditorium
- Classroom Set of iPads (K-2)
2010-2016 Annual Fund Summaries
2010-2016 Total- $563,266.82
Nurses Station in the Elementary Building workroom
AED for the Elementary Building
1st grade student desks
Outdoor digital security cameras
Security gates on Pierce Drive (pending installation)
Furniture in Elementary School Office
2016 Total- $58,493.49
Outdoor Audio Equipment
Facility and Landscape Renovation
Apple TV for every Classroom
iPad Minis for the Teachers
iPad Minis for Primary Grades
2015 Total- $80,187.14
Outdoor Field Equipment
Playground Fitness Equipment
Walking & Exercise Trail
Weight Room Renovation
Gym Sound System
2014 Total- $82,662.85
Completion of Campus-Wide Wireless Network
Playground Shade Structures
Mimio Teach Systems for Classrooms
Campus Visitor Security Software
Fine Arts Equipment
LED Entrance Sign
2013 Total- $134,942.38
Outdoor Athletic Facility Improvements
Media Center Resources
Fire Alarm System Upgrade
Sewer Connections to New Septic System
Classroom Technology Tools
Website Design and Conversion
Fine Arts Equipment
Campus Security Upgrades
Lego Robotics Set for Afterschool Clubs
2012 Total- $83,973.38
Classroom Technology Tools
Band Room Renovation
Parking Lot Expansion
Additional Exterior Lighting
Elementary Kitchen Renovation
2011 Total- $73,398.16
New 15-Passenger Minibus
2010 Total- $49,609.42
2010-2015 Total- $504,773.33
Annual Fund Frequently Asked Questions
What is the Annual Fund? The Annual Fund program is an annual opportunity for families, friends, alumni, staff, and board members to contribute a one-time or monthly gift to Wake Christian Academy to advance the academic resources and improve the facilities of our school The initiatives are selected by the school administration and board of directors.
When does the Annual Fund Program begin? The Annual Fund Program is designed to begin in the fall of the school year and will continue for four weeks.
Why does the school ask for contributions in addition to what is already being paid in school tuition? Wake Christian Academy relies on charitable giving to grow. School tuition maintains current curriculum, staffing, and facilities, but it does not cover the cost to expand school resources. The Annual Fund contributions will be spent on selected initiatives in the current school year.
What are the yearly giving opportunities at Wake Christian Academy? There are many opportunities to support WCA:
1) Financial gifts may be given toward the Annual Fund Initiatives or as a memorial or honorarium.
2) Gifts In Kind may be made to the technology department, music department, the library, and the Super Saturday Silent Auction.
3) Volunteer service hours are welcome for classroom assistance, tutors, and Super Saturday helpers.
What are the differences between an Annual Fund and a Capital Campaign? The Annual Fund is designed to provide funds for selected initiatives, which are above and beyond the school budget. Gifts pledged to the Annual Fund are generally payable during that academic year. Capital campaign drives are conducted to provide significant funds for construction, renovations, or extensive equipment purchases. Contributions made to a capital campaign are generally pledged over three to five years.
What are the differences between an Annual Fund and Franklin Pierce Educational Foundation? The Annual Fund directly supports Wake Christian students and faculty through initiatives chosen to enhance our school during the current school year. The Franklin Pierce Educational Foundation (FPEF) is a separate 501(C)3 organization working in coorporation with Wake Christian Academy to promote and fully fund an endowment for long term support of WCA’s financial aid program.
Can I make a gift for a specific purpose? If there is a specific project you are interested in supporting, please let the Advancement Department know. The Annual Fund, however, seeks unrestricted gifts, which allows the school to use your gift where it is most needed.
Ways to Give
Ways to support the Wake Christian community, its students, teachers, and programs include volunteering time and talent by assisting in events, helping on committees, and working in classrooms. Financial contributions beyond tuition costs are essential to Wake Christian Academy. These gifts allow us to enhance the WCA education for our students, faculty, and families. We welcome your generous assistance and every contribution is important and deeply appreciated.
How can you make a gift to Wake Christian Academy?
Cash, Check or Credit Card gifts to Wake Christian Academy may be made. To make a contribution by credit card, click on the “Donate” button. Online transactions are made through Paypal on a secure site. No credit card information is stored at WCA.
Gifts of Security: By donating stocks directly to Wake Christian Academy, you make a charitable income-tax deduction equal to the fair market value of securities on the day of the gift. You may also avoid the capital gains tax that would be incurred if you sold the securities. To transfer securities to Wake Christian Academy, please contact the Advancement Office for details and instructions.
Matching Gifts: Many companies sponsor matching gift programs that enhance an employee’s charitable contributions and will double your dollars to WCA. The school benefits from the increased donation, and you may qualify for a higher category of recognition when your gift is matched. Check with your Human Resources department or call our Development Office for a list of participating companies.
Planned Gifts: Planned giving is a set of ways a donor can leave money/assets to Wake Christian at his/her death or can invest money so that WCA receives benefits during his/her life and bequeaths the remaining funds to WCA.
- Bequests (Wills & Trusts) – A bequest provision in your will or trust will allow you to make a significant gift to WCA without reducing your current income.
- Life Insurance – By changing the beneficiary of your policy or transferring the ownership of the cash value life insurance policy, you can make a gift to WCA.
- Qualified Retirement Plans (IRA, Keogh, 401k, 403b) – Your qualified retirement plan can provide a significant gift to WCA.
- Life Income Agreements – Life income agreements are available for people who want to make an irrevocable gift that will benefit Wake Christian Academy after his/her death. These agreements allow a donor to retain an income interest during his/her lifetime or for a term of years.
- Charitable Gift Annuities – A charitable gift annuity can provide annuity payments for life and then support your favorite ministry. Deferred gift annuities allow you the option to make the gift today and receive the annuity later in life.
- Charitable Remainder Trusts – These gifts allow you to make a substantial gift and receive income from the trust. Choose from a charitable remainder Unitrust, a Charitable Remainder Annuity Trust, or a Testamentary Charitable Remainder Unitrust depending on your situation and goals.
Contributions to Wake Christian Academy are tax-deductible to the full extent of the law and will be acknowledged promptly for tax purposes. All donors are recognized in our Annual Report unless anonymity is requested.