Ways to Give to WCA
Ways to Give
Ways to support the Wake Christian community, its students, teachers, and programs include volunteering time and talent by assisting in events, helping on committees, and working in classrooms. Financial contributions beyond tuition costs are essential to Wake Christian Academy. These gifts allow us to enhance the WCA education for our students, faculty, and families. We welcome your generous assistance and every contribution is important and deeply appreciated.
How can you make a gift to Wake Christian Academy?
Cash, Check or Credit Card gifts to Wake Christian Academy may be made. To make a contribution by credit card, click on the “Donate” button. Online transactions are made through Paypal on a secure site. No credit card information is stored at WCA.
Gifts of Security: By donating stocks directly to Wake Christian Academy, you make a charitable income-tax deduction equal to the fair market value of securities on the day of the gift. You may also avoid the capital gains tax that would be incurred if you sold the securities. To transfer securities to Wake Christian Academy, please contact the Advancement Office for details and instructions.
Matching Gifts: Many companies sponsor matching gift programs that enhance an employee’s charitable contributions and will double your dollars to WCA. The school benefits from the increased donation, and you may qualify for a higher category of recognition when your gift is matched. Check with your Human Resources department or call our Development Office for a list of participating companies.
Planned Gifts: Planned giving is a set of ways a donor can leave money/assets to Wake Christian at his/her death or can invest money so that WCA receives benefits during his/her life and bequeaths the remaining funds to WCA.
- Bequests (Wills & Trusts) – A bequest provision in your will or trust will allow you to make a significant gift to WCA without reducing your current income.
- Life Insurance – By changing the beneficiary of your policy or transferring the ownership of the cash value life insurance policy, you can make a gift to WCA.
- Qualified Retirement Plans (IRA, Keogh, 401k, 403b) – Your qualified retirement plan can provide a significant gift to WCA.
- Life Income Agreements – Life income agreements are available for people who want to make an irrevocable gift that will benefit Wake Christian Academy after his/her death. These agreements allow a donor to retain an income interest during his/her lifetime or for a term of years.
- Charitable Gift Annuities – A charitable gift annuity can provide annuity payments for life and then support your favorite ministry. Deferred gift annuities allow you the option to make the gift today and receive the annuity later in life.
- Charitable Remainder Trusts – These gifts allow you to make a substantial gift and receive income from the trust. Choose from a charitable remainder Unitrust, a Charitable Remainder Annuity Trust, or a Testamentary Charitable Remainder Unitrust depending on your situation and goals.
Contributions to Wake Christian Academy are tax-deductible to the full extent of the law and will be acknowledged promptly for tax purposes. All donors are recognized in our Annual Report unless anonymity is requested.