Academics at Wake Christian Academy in Raleigh, NC
A Wake Christian Academy education is distinctly and purposely Christian. A Biblical worldview is incorporated into all core and elective classrooms. At the same time, we offer a rigorous K-12 education that meets or exceeds the standards of national and regional accrediting organizations — Cognia and Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI). Discover how we partner with the home and church to provide a Christ-centered, quality education and to proclaim the good news of Jesus Christ.
Kindergarten – Building a Positive Foundation
A low student-to-teacher ratio means your kindergartener can be known individually. Our curriculum helps children build academic, spiritual, social, and emotional foundations for success in school.
- Weekly Spanish, art, and music classes
- Weekly chapel and daily Bible studies
- Field trips to a dairy farm and a local strawberry farm
- Thematic studies for each season
- Recess twice a day
Elementary School – Nurturing a Passion for Learning
Our curriculum is designed to help students master the fundamentals in early elementary school and add deeper layers of knowledge as they grow older. Thematic studies, special projects, field trips, and after-school clubs help students develop a passion for learning.
- Special projects, such as Days of Creation, Colonial Day, Invertebrates, and Recycling
- Scripture memory activities, daily Bible studies, and weekly chapel
- Fine arts, including chorus starting in third grade and band and strings starting in fourth grade
Middle School – Discovering Gifts and Purpose
Middle school (Grades 6-8) is a time when we teach students how to discern God’s purposes and discover the individual academic and spiritual gifts given by the Creator. This intentional focus helps students make positive choices and strive for excellence.
- Challenging curriculum in the core subjects of math, language arts, science, history, and Bible.
- Elective courses such as engineering, drama, chorus, handbells, orchestra, art, and band.
- After-School Clubs, including chess club and life skills club
- Teams in 10 different sports.
High School – Preparing for Success
As students prepare to take the next step in their lives, we equip them spiritually and academically, ensuring they are ready for higher education and beyond. Our students are accepted into the nation’s top private and public universities.
- Three academic tracks designed for a wide range of student abilities and interests: College Preparatory, Honors, and Advanced Placement
- Biblical truth included in every course to help shape and mold teens into bold Christian disciples
- 13 Advanced Placement AP® Courses
- ACT and composite SAT scores that exceed US, NC, and Wake County averages
- Clubs and activities including Chick-Fil-A Leadership Academy, Spanish Honor Society, Yearbook, and Debate/Mock Trial club
Discover How Your Child Can Thrive at WCA
To learn more about a Wake Christian education, complete our online inquiry form. We will be happy to answer your questions, send you more information, or arrange a tour.