High School at WCA
High school is an exciting season of academic, social, and spiritual growth. As students prepare for college, they need a strong community, caring mentors, and plenty of opportunities to develop their unique gifts.
High School at WCA is a supportive environment where teens thrive. Throughout grades 9-12, students are trained as leaders and given meaningful opportunities to discover their identity in Christ.
Rigorous and Tailored Academic Offerings
Our curriculum is designed so that each student can explore their own interests and prepare for the future the Lord desires for them. While we offer courses from three academic tiers–College Preparatory, Honors, and Advanced Placement–students are able to choose from any or all academic levels based upon personal interests, faculty recommendations, and academic qualifications.
At WCA, students are encouraged to take ownership of their education and pursue opportunities they are passionate about, such as biotechnology, a hands-on class that introduces students to DNA analysis and forensics. We believe students that start here can go anywhere.
Academic Course Options
- College Preparatory — For all students who wish to pursue a four-year degree after high school but may be unsure about their desired program of study.
- Honors Track — For students who wish to challenge themselves with rigorous, in-depth coursework and/or pursue admission to a competitive university.
- Advanced Placement — For highly motivated students who wish to take college-level courses and potentially shave time off their four-year degree.
- AP® Courses: Music Theory, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Chemistry, Computer, Physics 1 & 2, Biology, Spanish, Language & Composition, Literature & Composition, US History, Psychology
- Dual Enrollment – Students earn college credit while in high school through partnerships with state and private universities.
High school is about much more than preparing students for college; it is about preparing them for life. At WCA, teachers integrate scripture in every subject area, allowing upper schoolers to strengthen their biblical worldview. Students also have Bible class daily, chapel service weekly, and numerous missions opportunities throughout the year. A few of these include:
- Volunteering at Samaritan’s Purse in Boone, NC
- Traveling to San Lucas, Guatemala, to serve at Oasis Children’s Home
- Serving in small groups with Child Evangelism Fellowship
Athletics, fine arts, clubs, and electives allow students to hone their God-given skills, develop friendships based on shared interests, and receive mentorship from our dedicated coaches and staff. These activities provide a strong sense of school spirit and help students make lifelong memories on campus.
- Track & Field
- Cross Country
- Performing Arts
- Vocal Music
- Instrumental Music
- Visual Art
Clubs and Leadership Opportunities
- Student Council
- Mock Trial
- Chick Fil A Leadership Academy
- Senior Play
- Beta Club
- Spanish Honor Society
- Tri-M Music Society
- Jazz Band
- Marching Bulldog Regiment
Get an Inside Look at Wake Christian Academy
Download our Parent Packet to learn more about the opportunities available at WCA, our admissions process, and options for affording private education. If you have any questions, call us at (919) 772-6264. We look forward to hearing from you!